Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Christmas Read



I have just finished reading "This Year It Will Be Different" by Maeve Binchey. The book is full of short stories about Christmas. Some stories are sad and some are funny and you can relate to all of them in some way. As the back of the book states, "The festive season may be magical, but it can also be a time of family difficulties, a time to reflect on relationships; a time of change. I really did enjoy the book normally when it's just short stories I get frustrated because I want more, with this it's just enough to make you fall in love with each character and relate to their Christmas.

10 comments:

Claire said...

i LOVE Christmas themed books. Then. I love books and i love Christmas so....its a given haha xx

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Love books with themes about Christmas!! Always put me in the holiday spirit.

Ivana said...

Sounds amazing! I must get this book for my Nook :)

xx Ivana

Stop by sometimes :)
Macarons and Pearls

Unknown said...

Gosh i haven't read a book since i was on holiday in July. Its good when you can got lost in one though. dee x

Claudia Moser said...

Thanks for the tip :)

Gawgus things... said...

Oh I love Maeve Binchy, she always writes such lovely stories! I'm hoping to read a few books over Christmas :) xxx

LeeAnne, Style N Season said...

I love Christmas themed books and I love Maeve Binchy! Her stories are like a nice cup of tea, soothing and relaxing. Just found your blog and will do some browsing around.


Visit me:
LeeAnne, Style N Season
http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

yiqin; said...

wow i must check it out!

Aimeecakes said...

Ahhh Maeve Binchy is one of my Mum's favourite writers, I'll need to check this one out

Kezzie said...

Ooh, I'll have to look out for this one! Hope you are well Luan!