Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Is It Only Me?????

This morning I put the shanks in the slow cooker added the sauce, carrot and onion and left for work. I came home this afternoon with the sweet aromas wafting through the house. I thought I better give it a stir and see how it was all going. Upon opening the lid and stirring I noticed a little plastic cup in the meal, I pulled it out in disgust and horror. I had another look in the pot and noticed 2 more plastic cups. What the hell are these things and how did I not notice them this morning. I am the type of person who freaks out about cancer causing agents and the thought of that plastic cooking with my meal makes me feels sick. So dinner has now been put in the bin and I think it's baked beans on toast instead. Has anyone else done this or am I the only fool out there? and would you still have ate the shanks for dinner? I know I can be a bit of a princess when it comes to food.

5 comments:

Shybiker said...

We shouldn't take chances with food-safety. Plastic cups are full of dangerous chemicals that, activated by long-simmering heat, leech into the food. I'm glad you didn't eat this although I know how awful it feels to throw food out. But better that that getting sick or badly contaminated.

Natasha said...

I would have done the same - how did they get into the pot?! I think if I ever find anything that's not supposed to be in my food that I always throw it away, purefly for safety reasons, as you never know what's in it. It's a shame the shanks had to go though, but I know why you did it - better to be safe than sorry. On a site note, I love these colourful murals on the walls there! - Tasha

HazelxJoy said...

I think I'd be inclined to ditch it too. Baked Beans on toast is a much under rated meal in my opinion - always a good back-up!

Natasha said...

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last post! I have to confess, spring is my favourite season, so for those of you on the other side of the globe I am living vicariously through you, haha! Have a good weekend :) - Tasha

Maggid said...

Brilliant Photo . . No matter how the cups ended up in your dinner - You sure did the right thing.

All Best to You