Thursday, September 8, 2016

Burglary

On Thursday we came home from a hard day at work to find our house had been broken into. A window had been smashed a fly screen door pulled from it hinges and a back door with a deadlock had been forced open with a crowbar. They ransacked every room, checked in every nook and cranny. Photos had been taken out of frames to see if anything was behind it, all the meat from the freezer had been thrown on the floor and all they seemed to have taken is 5 small things. Which makes me worry are they coming back for the bigger things.

To make matters worse our Neighbours got broken into as well. Their house was trashed a lot more than ours. The Thieves ate food from their fridge and threw food and drinks through out their house. The only good thing is one of the thieves has cut themselves when breaking the window, so we have DNA and fingerprints which will hopefully help catch them.

This is the second time in 2 years that we have been broken into. I feel a lot calmer this time, don't get me wrong if I knew who did this, I would like to show them my skills with a crowbar. It is the uneasiness that somebody has touched everything in your house, knows where everything is and knows how to gain entry again if they wanted too. I didn't sleep very well last night and the poor cat is just following me around the house. The cat is a indoor cat who must have been petrified with what was going on.

We have insurance and you know what sometimes bad things happen to good people. Things could be worse, I am just glad that the cat is fine, that was my main concern. Sorry for my little vent, I hope your week has been better than mine. Comment with something good that has happened to you this week, brighten my day for me XXX

7 comments:

Shybiker said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry Luan. The feeling of violation is horrible when something like this happens. I had my motorcycle stolen last year out of my backyard while I was in my house, so I have a taste of what you're experiencing. My sympathies.

Claudia Moser said...

I am so sorry to hear this and I wish that you & your cat will be OK soon. Sending hugs!

Kezzie said...

Oh no Luan!! That is terrible! The horrid feeling of intrusion and the mess, breakages and general carnage is awful. Sending hugs to you and strokes to cat.Xx

daisychain said...

Oh no, what a complete nightmare for you. Sending love x

Julie said...

Luan, how awful! I'm so sorry to hear this and send you lots of hugs and love. So, something happy and funny - imagine a group of newbies at their first belly dancing class, all the right steps but in the wrong order (you're doing it backwards says the teacher), wafting bits of chiffon around and getting completely tangled up. Graceful and sensuous it was not!

Imogen said...

Oh no! I seriously cannot put into words how much I feel for you. This is absolutely awful and should never happen. It is a fear I have sometimes. Please take care of yourselves during this time.

With regards to life on the road, it certainly wasn’t as bad as the reviews suggest, however I was expecting better. There was potential for a good concept but it could have been developed a lot more. The two main issues for me were: 1. the lack of likeable support characters, which in the office a number of the characters were entertaining to the viewer. 2. difficult for the audience to relate to any of the experiences, at least with the office everyone, to an extent, can relate to working in an office and being in similar experiences.

HazelxJoy said...

How awful! I hope they catch them and throw away the key. And I hope cat is feeling better now, and you too.

Trying to think of something good that happened to me this week... I had a lovely lunch out with two girlfriends, we ate good food and sat chatting until mid afternoon. We enjoyed it so much we're going to make it a regular thing - Ladies that lunch :)