Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Holidays Part 1

I have taken a week off work to show my cousin from Wales around Brisbane. The whole weekend was awful weather it did not stop raining. The only good thing about the rain was I got to use my new umbrella my friend gave me and that we got in some retail therapy. I purchased the coolest address book ever, the book Eat Pray Love, some gorgeous bangles and cd's from John Butler Trio (April Uprising), The Cat Empire (Cinema), Angus and Julia Stone (Down the Way). Thank god the weather cleared up on Monday as I think I would have spent way to much money other wise. Monday we went to the Botanical Gardens, Brisbane City/Fortitude Valley, Southbank and finished the day off by doing the City Cat trip on the Brisbane River. It was kind of cool being a tourist in your home town and showing off what your city has to offer. Tuesday was a train wreck of a day we went to Byron Bay and it bucketed down all day long. We went to the light house and the rain was that heavy that you could not even see the ocean. Needless to say another day of retail therapy, but I did behave my self and didn't buy anything.