Tuesday, August 30, 2016

I Didn't Have An Accident In The shower.

I have been thinking about doing some DIY home remedies for a while. When I  finished my Body Shop Spa of the World, African Ximenia Scrub, instead of buying a new one I thought I would attempt to make my own.
This was just 1 cup of coffee, 6 table spoons of melted coconut oil and 3 table spoons of sea salt. I also added a few drops of lavender oil as I hate coffee. I was trying to make the lavender oil over power the coffee which ended up being impossible.

When I used it, it was messy.  The consistency is not good and it just falls apart. Do not use it straight after cleaning the bath like I did or you will be very cranky. After using it my skin did feel softer and I think because of the lavender oil it also felt really moisturized. Unfortunately I smelt like a cappuchino. If you like coffee and making a mess and you want your skin to be softer and slightly moisturized, I would give it a go if your bored on a weekend. Has anyone made a good body scrub that they are happy with? If so what did you use? I need all the help I can get.



3 comments:

Kezzie said...

I hate coffee too! I bought what I thought was a caramel milkshake. And it turned out to be an iced coffee. I was stuck on the Tube train with it-so nasty!!!
You can use Sugar instead of coffee as the abrasive element? My mum made one so I'll ask what she used!x

Natasha said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear it didn't turn out as planned but good to hear it did feel moisturising. Sometimes a little bit of mess is fun but I'm not the biggest coffee lover unfortunately. I've seen a lot of DIY scrubs on Pinterest (of course) using things like epsom salts and sugar, like Kezzie mentioned, as well as lavender, and eucalyptus oil / coconut oil. I'd have a look on there and see if there's a nice sounding combination that might work. Sometimes the DIY scrubs are hit and miss! - Tasha

HazelxJoy said...

Oh dear, the second photo does look rather unfortunate! I'm always given so many scrubs as gifts that I don't have the need to make my own. I've tried a few DIY face, and hair masks but chickened out at the last minute at the one with raw egg in it, I couldn't bring myself to put it on my hair!